Thursday, July 17, 2008

windy night at kincaid


Despite rain on the east side, thirteen riders gathered at Kincaid Park on Wednesday evening for a ride that took us into the woods, onto a few bits of singletrack and over to the Sisson Loop. We encountered strong winds, tall grass, a covey of ptarmagin and a young moose more stubborn than us.
After a few of us skidded to a stop and started backing up the hill, Hannah, Darlene & Mary Kay

Bullwinkle looked at us, crossed the trail and decided he really just wanted to relax on the side of the trail. We backtracked away from him and did manage to finish the Mize Loop and the rest of the ride with no other wildlife encounters.

Thanks, gang, for bringing cookies, trail mix and tea. Thanks also to Hannah's dad, Tim, for taking the post-ride group shot. You can see by Lori's skirt just how windy it was!

posted by rose

1 comment:

Francis said...

This looks like it was a great ride!! I am jealous of you all; I was a faithful Wednesday rider until I got a new job that requires my skill on Wednesday evening. I am going to try to make afew rides after I settle in a bit. Go DIVAS!
Anne, (AKA Francis)